Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Trip to Brian Head

Yesterday, since it was a holiday, Natalie took her kids up to go snowboarding for the day. She invited McKay and I to go with them, as well as Berlyn's friend, Sydney. So all together it was Natalie, her kids Berlyn, Dryden, and Elle, McKay, Sydney and me. I was the only one to go skiing (I have never been snowboarding and didn't feel like learning that day). It was really fun - I hadn't gone skiing in over 2 years. Brian Head Resort (a little over an hour north of St. George, UT) was pretty nice, but I have definitely seen better snow. Maybe I'm spoiled with northern Utah's snow or Idaho's snow... but I thought it was VERY icy there. It was fun, anyway. It got pretty cold after about 2pm so we quit a little earlier than we had planned.
I thought this was pretty interesting - I wore my heart rate monitor while skiing, and during the 4 1/2 hours of skiing I burned 2,000 calories! Crazy!
Here is Elle and McKay - Elle surprised me with how good she is! She's so young but so good!

Here I am (in blue) with Berlyn on the ski lift

Here are Dryden (left) and McKay (right) on the lift in front of us.
Can't wait 'til next time - I can go with Jesse!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

2,000 calories are you kidding me! I need to start skiing!!

Ashley said...

Good for you for going skiing! In this crazy cold weather. It has been below zero for days here in Logan. FREEZING!! I am ready for WARM weather.
Wow 2000 calories. I could lose so many pounds that would be awesome! Get back into skiing!
Hope you are doing great there in St. George! Talk to you soon!
Love Ash

Powered By Blogger