Saturday, March 7, 2009

O Canada

Last week Jesse and I got back from a 6 day trip to Vancouver Island (British Columbia). It was beautiful, but cold! Jesse actually had a business meeting on the 26th (Feb) in Victoria... which I tagged along for the trip. So I had a day to myself, but we also got a nice little vacation out of it. Jesse's Aunt & Granny live a couple hours from Victoria, so we stopped in and spent the night before coming home. It was a nice trip and I'm glad I got to come!

Here is Jesse in front of the pier

My attempt at a picture of the both of us

Ogden Point - I love beaches, even if they are cold!

A picture of me in front of the Pacific Ocean

Jesse holding a dead fish...


...to feed the sea lions at Fisherman's Wharf

Fisherman's Wharf - cool how the houses float on the river, eh?

Undersea Gardens - you actually come to the pier and walk a full flight of stairs down. It is pretty much an aquarium in the pier. They have fish and other creatures native to the area.

Giant octopus and a dungeness crab

The Legislative Building at night...

...and during the day

We also went to the BC Museum.
Here is Jesse... always finds a computer somewhere...

Jesse in front of Craigdorroch Castle

We drove alongside some of the beaches and stopped to get a picture. :)

The highlight of the trip for both Jesse and I was visiting Butchart Gardens. World famous and crowded in the summer, less flowers but very peaceful (and still very beautiful) in the winter. Supposedly they have been in bloom for over a hundred years.

This section of the gardens used to be a quarry - called the Sunken Garden. They covered the quarry walls with tons of ivy - so pretty.

Another attempt at a picture of the two of us

I thought the staircase in the middle was nice.

Jesse's Aunt Darlene, Granny, and Jesse

And [of course] we visited a Tim Horton's (donut shop) on our way out.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a fun trip! I still think we need to go to a beach that is NOT cold though!!!

Clint and Alisha said...

How fun!! 6 days together, what a nice little vacation!! Looks cold but very beautiful!

Erin said...

What visit to Canada would be complete with out good old Timmys!?

Powered By Blogger