Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Turkey Triathlon 11-14-09

A month ago I signed up for THIS Sprint distance triathlon (using an indoor pool) to help motivate me to work out. I'm glad to say it worked! Although it was difficult to work out with a baby... going on a bike ride or a run was that much more of a pain (not to mention I didn't feel like working out since I wasn't in shape).


Anyway, the day before the race Sabrina called me and said she was also doing the triathlon. So we were able to do some of the bike together which was fun. :) (Sabrina had some friends come down from Ogden to participate also - in the pictures.)


Heather, Sabrina, & I waiting our turn

(They have 11 lanes and 2 per lane -

and 75 female & 79 male sprint distance...

we all just got in line.)


Sabrina's Dad & Jack watching Sabrina start the bike leg


Starting the bike

Sabrina & me

The group from Ogden & me

My results:

7th of 9 (20-24 age group)

45th of 75 (overall women)

01:31:36.74 - Overall time

00:12:23.89 - Time back from 1st place in my age group

00:24:35.52 - Time back from overall women

00:09:46.97 - 400 yd swim (SHAC pool)

00:36:43.63 - Transition 1 (2nd triathlon... 2nd mistake on my transition time - switch with 10 mile bike time)

00:08:51.12 - 10 mile bike (no way did I take 9 minutes to get dried off & dressed...)

00:01:48.47 - Transition 2

00:34:26.54 - 3 mile run

1 comment:

Laura H. said...

Wow Mindy! I'm impressed. I'd love to have a good reason to work out. I don't think I've done so much as a sit up in months. Yikes!

Powered By Blogger