I didn't realize how sloppy it looked rolled up...
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Hemming without the "Home-Sewn Look"
A while ago I took a class to "get to know" my Bernina sewing machine better. The classes are free if you buy a Bernina (in Provo/St. George, anyway). I learned how to take some designer jeans... and hem them shorter (I'm 5'2") but WITHOUT looking like I did it. It's actually not part of the class, but the teacher was complaining about her daughter's "jean collection." She bought a fancy pair in a place that did hems for free** and just looked at how they did it. And it is EASY! Plus I patched some of the trendy worn-out holes with the techniques we learned in class. If you know how to USE your sewing machine, sewing is MUCH, MUCH easier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
ohh i need to learn to do that! maybe when my jeans fit me again i will try it out:)
so how did you do it? are there any secrets?
If you look VERY closely, you'll see the pants are just rolled up and under, and the hem pokes out enough to look normal. Then you sew the folded part right next to the hem... it's kind of hard to explain. It's easier to show in person. Remind me and I'll show you!
I totally wanna know your trick. I have heard of doing this, but never actually done it. :)
Wow, good job!! What a Nifty way to hem jeans!! I read your comment above on how you did it and it totally makes sense! I'll have to try it! Oh and I made salsa the other day with your recipe I haven't tried it yet but it looks delish!
I know I already told you over the phone but congrats again on the baby and house I am so excited for you! And I vote Girl!
Love ya!
Post a Comment