So... living in a new place means new animals in and around the house. I'm (sort of) used to the cockroaches (still HATE them, though), crickets, and a few spiders. Also, big toads and praying mantises (did you know they fly?) in the back yard.
The other day there was a small LIZARD in the house. Lizard?!? Is there some giant crack letting this animal in or did it sneak in while the door was open?
Lincoln's first "pet"

One early morning before a bike ride, I got my bike clothes on and my socks on and went into the garage to unhitch the bike trailer. As I was walking toward my bike I noticed a slight "crunch" and didn't put all my weight down on my foot. I thought it was a goldfish cracker or something, but when I looked to see what I stepped on.. it was a scorpion! WHAT? I was only wearing a sock! I started panicking and ran back inside and woke Jesse up. "How do I know if I've been stung by a scorpion?!"... to which he replied... "It would hurt really bad." So, I wasn't stung but it sure scared me! I also called pest control later in the day. At least it was only in the garage...

1 comment:
Oh my gosh, I would have peed my pants. That's the best part about living somewhere cold in the winter. Less creepy crawlies. And Jesse's so funny. I can totally picture his saying in his sarcastic way, "It would hurt really bad." Glad you didn't get stung! Looking forward to seeing you!
Post a Comment