Saturday, October 22, 2011

Eye Color

(August 3, 2011)

I learned in 10th grade biology that if both parents have blue eyes, the children will also have blue eyes. I have light bluish-green eyes, and Jesse has light greenish-blue. So I thought all of our kids would have some hue close to blue or green.

They both have dark eyes.

Parker - dark blue

Lincoln - brown

I'm pretty sure blue + green doesn't = brown... but maybe they were simplifying genes in 10th grade biology...

2 comments:

Kelli Nicole said...

The more time goes by the more I realize that those little charts they taught us in biology are totally bogus. I don't think anyone really knows how genetics work (though I do think what we learned in high school is what they THOUGHT at the time, I just can't imagine they're still teaching that. I hope not).

Angela said...

If you go by what Mom says, then the four grandparents' eye color determines the child's eye color. How does that work for ya?

Powered By Blogger