(Oct. 30, 2012)
While at the grocery store, I noticed the pumpkins were on clearance, so I decided to buy one for carving that night. Lincoln & Parker were very interested since they had been seeing pumkins everywhere earlier that month. After I cut the hole for the top, the boys were wide-eyed with curiosity to see what was inside. When I lifted the lid off, I said, "Boo!"... which startled Parker and he almost started to cry. (I'm a mean mom!) He was pretty scared of it after that... Lincoln was pretty excited about the carving aspect of it all. Yet he wanted NOTHING to do with the "pumpkin goo". I bribed him with a treat so he would pick up a big handful and squish it. If you know anything about Lincoln, he likes to be clean. I think he gagged a little...
the finished carving
Parker wouldn't get any closer.
(Did you notice the jack-o-lantern's cavity? I guess clearance pumpkins mean rotting pumpkins...)



No comments:
Post a Comment