Friday, November 11, 2016

October 25-31

Halloween week round-up...

 
Left: Lincoln carved it by himself! I drew on the face he wanted. Mom was SUPER happy about this! As long as kids are safe while they do it, I really don't care what they look like as long as they are happy!
Right: Parker picked the creepy tree and I carved it. 
 
With their pumpkins. 

 
We promised a meal out to eat if they all smiled for family pictures. They picked SmashBurger... because of the milkshakes (that they barely touched). 


 
Our colors this time we're black, white, gray, and yellow. Boys wore yellow ties, and girls wore yellow accessories. Stay tuned to see how they turned out! (Still crossing my fingers!)


 
A few days later, we (I mean "I") carved the remaining pumpkins.
Oliver chose a spider with his web (Parker and Lincoln tried to help with that one.. which I tried fixing and broke.. and fixed with toothpicks. Oliver was happy, and so I didn't care.). 
Griffin chose the calavera (Mexican skull) which turned out to be my favorite. It took a bit of patience (from Griffin!) but he ended up loving it, too. 

Next year maybe we should try MAKING a Mexican sugar skull! (http://www.mexicansugarskull.com/sugar_skulls/instructions.html)

 

 
The National Candy All-You-Can-Eat Buffet Day finally arrived! Parker, class clown, thought his cell phone with interchangeable emojis was so funny! His kindergarten teacher said all the teachers loved it, but she didn't think the kids got it. Parker must be ahead of his time..


 
Best picture I got... Linc as Link (from Nintendo's Zelda game). Same costume as his first Halloween!


 
And the littles...
Hulk Smash (Griffin)
Spider-Man (Oliver)
Cupcake with a cherry hat (Charity aka "cherry pie")


 
Annual TCN Halloween trick-or-treat & pumpkin pancake breakfast. I had to reapply that green paint a few times throughout the day. 


 
Candy buffet well underway...


 

 
(The lighting skews the picture...)
I was Joy from Pixar's "Inside Out". Later that night Jesse dressed up as Anger (also from "Inside Out"). 


 
A small portion of the kids at the breakfast. Lola, Clara, & Clark. 

Griffin and Oliver then went to their NEW preschool (at the university) and added even more to their candy stash. 


 
Have I mentioned I'm Room Mom for Lincoln's 2nd Grade class?! 😰 We had a party... and I was in charge of it. That was my first school party I even attended! Lincoln liked it... (pictured is Pumpkin πŸŽƒ Ring Toss)


 
"Don't Eat Pete" with a take home bag of way too many treats...especially considering they would be going out that very night to beg door-to-door for more treats than is possible to consume in one sitting. Kids loved it (of course). 


 
"Mystery Body Parts" - this was awesome. Kids were squirmy, especially when touching a beating witch's heart (canned peaches)! Wish I could have spent more time at that station!

Other stations include the following:
  • Snack (jack-o-lantern clementines πŸŽƒ & mummy go-gurts) & Halloween Books
  • Craft (spiderweb watercolor art with a white crayon)πŸ•·


 
With all that sticky candy.. Lincoln lost his other front tooth before dinner!😁


Now if only they could go to bed so well every night! 😴

No comments:

Powered By Blogger