Thursday, September 6, 2007
Wildlife around St. George
I work at Fitness Ridge (a fitness/weight loss spa) as a hiking guide and at the front desk, and this week while hiking, I have seen more wildlife than I ever have here in the desert! Tons of bunnies and ugly jack-rabbits, little lizards, yellow-bellied birds... A couple months ago I saw a couple baby turtles on Paradise Rim. A couple weeks ago I saw a rattlesnake all coiled up on the Slots hike. But this week, on my drive home from the front desk at night, there was a huge owl in the middle of Santa Clara Drive by the farmer's market. I also saw a TARANTULA(!!!) and a yellow striped snake (garter, maybe?) on the Saddle hike, and a horned lizard (aka horny toad lizard) on Third Ravine (the gap behind Green Valley). The picture below is the lizard. Desert wildlife is cooler than I thought it was... except maybe the GIANT spider...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment