Emily (in the middle) at her bridal shower the night before with her sister-in-law Marie (on the left) and her mom Trudy (on the right).
Susan and I at the shower - we went together :)

Susan and I at the shower - we went together :)
Jesse and I also went to lunch afterwards with Susan and Ashley (2 more of my good high school friends) at Chili's. It was good to get to know their husbands a little better. The reception was held at The Rose Shop in Idaho Falls, which was beautiful - Emily looked stunning! Emily and her new husband, Christian, look really cute together. He seems to make her really happy. I'm really happy for her!Since the drive is so long... Jesse and I tried listening to a book on tape to see if it would help pass the time. We listened to "The Last Juror" by John Grisham and both decided we didn't really like his style of writing. But it did help the time pass by more quickly. Hopefully I can find something better for the next car trip and maybe the time in the car will fly by.
We wanted to join Grandpa Bird and Zelpha for Easter Sunday church meetings, but we arrived at his house in Pocatello... they weren't home so we drove around looking for an LDS church building nearby, but all we found were 4 other churches. All within a mile of his house! We looked for 20 minutes but still couldn't find it so we just kept driving south. Terrel let us know later that we had passed by the church on our way to Grandpa Bird's house. Oh well - this summer we can join him! Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment