Sunday, March 9, 2008

It's been a while...

So I've been pretty busy with school lately, but here's what's been happening lately:

Trip up to Provo (Feb 10-11) - I went up to Provo to visit Rachel and also go to the Utah State Nursing Convention held at UVSC/UVU. I had a good time with Rachel, but the morning of the convention I didn't feel very well so I didn't end up going. At least it wasn't expensive to register.

Cable is canceled! (Feb. 13) - I finally talked Jesse into canceling cable... I think it is such a waste of time. Jesse and I spend more time with each other and I seem to have more patience with him. It is definitely an adjustment, but a very good one. We still rent movies (and TV series sometimes) so we are not deprived of anything (except commercials). For our wedding, some of Jesse's relatives gave us this book that is homemade, and in it I read how the best thing for a new marriage is not to have TV. You will get to know each other faster and better and learn to spend time in other ways than just watching TV together. I wish we could have canceled it after our "free" preview over a year ago, but it's not too late.

Valentine's Day - I actually had a clinical rotation at the hospital for school and then worked the rest of the day... but the Saturday before (when I arrived back to St. George from my trip to Provo) Jesse had cleaned the whole house, made me dinner, and had a little pot of flowers for me. :) What a sweetheart. He even had a couple pieces of key lime cheesecake from Basila's - a restaurant I always try to get him to take me to. I love you, Jesse!

Work - I worked my last day of the front desk for the Spa on the 28th of Feb... I am still hiking for the Spa when I am not in school. The weather is warming back up so it will be a lot more pleasant to hike. I LOVE warm weather! This week it is supposed to be in the mid-70's! I expected to start working at an assisted living place (The Ted Warthen Center) the following week but there are a few delays with starting the place. They haven't officially opened yet. It isn't your typical rest home - there are maximum 16 residents that can pretty much take care of themselves. They need help cooking and cleaning and taking the right pills at the right times. They can all get around by themselves, but maybe their vision is poor so they can no longer drive and none of their family lives nearby. I'm excited to work there - they are just waiting on the final "ok" paperwork to go through. It will be nice to have a break from work, though.

Nate & Audrey's Wedding (March 1st) - Beautiful wedding! They make such a cute couple. They are moving down to St. George in a few weeks after Audrey finishes school up north. The weather was perfect and it was nice to see everybody. Jesse told me it was the first time all 10 of Terrel's children were in the temple at the same time. Wow. That is amazing.

School - BUSY! This probably explains my lack of blogging. This week, however, is Spring Break. A needed break from hectic school life. I have finished my hospital clinical rotations (8 6-hour shifts, total) but still have a lot left to do for the semester. My last test score was a 93%! That is the best I've done in a while... I am still loving it and still working hard!

Games - We've been playing games with a lot of people lately, and it has been fun. I love to play games. A new one that we learned is called Bang! and it is really fun! We've also played Mofia, Settler's of Catan, Pirate's Dice (informally known as "the dice game"), Mancala, chess, and Jesse played Lord of the Rings Risk last night. He played with Nathan, Matt, and McKay and was pretty excited this morning when he announced his victory to me. (I went to bed before they finished at 2am).

New Computer - Jesse is awaiting his new computer for work... He seems pretty excited and seems a bit impatient it is not here yet. He showed a picture of it to me, and since I am not a fanatic about computers, I think it looks the exact same as his current one (a MAC). He is still working as hard as ever and doing an excellent job. Florin has been in town for the past few months (he's a fellow programmer from Romania) and so Jesse has been getting a lot accomplished with him.

Hope you enjoyed the update!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

It's about time Mindy! It looks like you've been pretty busy. Let's keep the games goin, its been so fun! I just hope Ella doesn't keep you from wanting to come over....

Peg and Her Story said...

THANKS for the update! I never hear enough from the Bird family!!

Angela said...

Meeeeeee!

Powered By Blogger