Monday, April 20, 2009

Dixie Kite Festival

Last Saturday was the annual Dixie Escalante Kite Festival at the Sun River golf course. We had never been.. so I somehow convinced Jesse to come out and enjoy some time in the beautiful weather!! It has finally warmed up down here (last Thursday I was hiking while it was snowing! Snow & St. George & April do not go together...)

Here are some pictures of the Kite Festival:

It wasn't very windy, but plenty of kites were flying.

Here's Lily enjoying her treat her 2 aunts got her


Here I am trying to show Lily how to hold the kite string

Lily had more fun playing with the string than anything to do with the kite

Audrey was having a hard time getting her kite to fly..

Nate got it up for a little while..

Here's Audrey with Ella

Matt & Lindsay brought a Dora kite and a Spiderman kite... Matt had a fun time flying them! Their kids... not so much. They had more fun in the bounce houses you can see in the distance.

Here's Matt

Nate (left), Lindsay & Kash (middle), and Jesse

Jesse had a fun time flying the Spiderman kite, too. The kite I got (on accident) was a stunt kite... which requires good wind (that we didn't have) and it takes a while to get used to.

Here's Jesse flying the Spiderman kite and Ella flying her Dora kite

Jackson seemed to feel better today - he had been pretty sick. He sure loves to smile for you when you get his attention!

Here's Jesse trying to get Lily to fly a kite..

..but she was more interested in treat #2!
This is Adam, Sabrina, and Lily.

The winds picked up for 5-10 minutes, so Jesse was finally able to get our stunt kite to stay in the air for a little bit!

I thought the kite festival was pretty fun - it definitely would have been better with more wind. And it probably would have been more fun if Jesse and I had a few kids of our own! But it was fun to hang out with friends and family. :)

2 comments:

sabrina said...

thanks for all of the pics, mindy. i thought about bringing my camera but knew you would take much better pictures than i could.

thank you for helping out with lily, too!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the pics, I still haven't checked out what I ended up getting with my camera. Next year will be even better with your little baby boy!

Powered By Blogger