Monday, May 4, 2009

Kiwi Mango Salsa

I came across this recipe, changed it a little bit, and I loved it! Jesse even liked it. The only drawback to making it is cutting up the mango (maybe it's just me, but I still haven't figured out how to make the most of one...). I even used fresh cilantro from my garden! Here's the recipe:

Yum!
Kiwi Mango Salsa
  • serves three; prep time: 15 minutes
Ingredients:
  • 3 medium kiwifruit
  • 3/4 cups peeled and chopped mango
  • 1 tbsp minced jalapeno (it is very mild if you remove all the seeds first)
  • 1 tbsp minced red onion (more or less to taste)
  • 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (one large lime is what you'll need)
  • 1 1/2 tsp honey
  • 3 tbsp cilantro
  • 1/8 tsp salt
Directions:
  • Peel the kiwifruit, cut lengthwise into quarters, then slice (I would have liked them cut a little smaller, I think).
  • Put the kiwifruit into a medium bowl and add all the remaining ingredients.
  • Mix gently.
  • Serve with tortilla chips or over cooked fish or chicken.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger