Lincoln has always been a tired little boy... it comes with being premature, especially. Last night I wanted him to sleep well, but he kept falling asleep (after 5 minutes!) no matter what I did - tickle his ribs, feet, rub his head, change his diaper... So Jesse had the idea of getting an ice pack out. So I took off his clothes and yes, it made me feel mean, but we got him a little cold. (I would put my hand on the ice pack for a few seconds, and then put my hand on Lincoln. I'm not
that ruthless.) Needless to say.. it made him wide awake and he got a full meal. He even slept well. Anyone have any pointers on keeping him awake??
Becca gave Lincoln this swing.
He stayed awake for about 5 minutes
and so I got a few pictures.


Later in the day I put him on his "tummy time" mat,
which he stayed awake for 20 seconds - maybe.

By the time I got a closer picture this is what I saw:

Gross! Maybe I should wait a little while after he eats to put him here? :)
3 comments:
What a cute precious baby boy! He is so adorable!!!
P.S.
Thank you so much for the birth announcement it was so cute!! I have it hanging on my fridge!!
I know what you are talking about!! I got a lot of hassle for putting a cold wash cloth on Ethans feet to keep him awake to eat, but he sleeps 8 hours a night now and he isn't 3 months old yet! Its better for them in the long run! oh and thanks for the announcement Lincoln is such a cutie!!
Post a Comment