I invited my parents, cousin, and brother and sisters to come celebrate Thanksgiving here in St. George this year. I was a little nervous to travel at all because of the pregnancy (and how early Lincoln had come...). So I knew that I wouldn't be traveling over any of the holidays... and all but my brother came! That was a wonderful surprise! Since we have a lot of room in our new home we could even have everyone stay at our house comfortably (hopefully it was, anyway...). We also invited Jesse's parents & a couple brothers to join us.
Hosting Thanksgiving... first time... with a 16-month-old... 6 months pregnant... new house... was I crazy?? Well... before the big day I was thinking "YES!!" But seeing how well it turned out, I'm really glad we did it.
So how did I not get totally stressed out? Thank you, Martha Stewart and Alton Brown (and of course Jesse and everyone that helped out)! I made a schedule of what needed to be made, and when, and it worked! (If you click the link, you can see what my schedule sort of looked like.) And since Martha suggested deciding upon a centerpiece 1 week before... I actually made one. Ambitious? Yep.

1 comment:
Fancy pants! What a pretty centerpiece. And congrats on surviving hosting your first Thanksgiving. If you did too well though, you know they're going to ask you to do it again.
Post a Comment