My sisters (Angela & Rachel), cousin (Patience), mom, & I made the pies for Thanksgiving. All of them turned out pretty well! There was pumpkin, pecan, blackberry, peach, and chocolate mousse.
Here's everyone after-the-fact (except Rachel...)
Me, Mom, Angela, & Patience
Me, Mom, Angela, & Patience
A couple weeks before... the ladies in my ward did an activity involving making your pie crusts ahead of time and freezing the dough. That was sure nice!!! If you want the recipe, let me know! (It makes 20 pie crusts, and they last for at least 6 months. I halved it and have a couple left in the freezer still.)

5 comments:
Does the pie crust thaw well and still have that great texture and workability of fresh-made dough? I mean, I love making pies but making the pie crust is so tidious for me, so if I could pre-make it I would be thrilled...as long as it is as good as fresh made ;)
It tastes good... but it isn't flaky. After you thaw it out, the dough is as workable as sugar cookie dough!
I may pass on the recipe for now. I am a big fan of that flaky-ness. p.s....post more pics :)
Cute pregoness runs in your family, apparently. Just need Rachel to jump on that and you'd be the 3 cutest sisters EVER.
20 pie crusts!?! That's ambitious! I'm sure yours were all as tasty as they look!
Oh, and your kitchen looks amazing!I want to see more pics of the new place!
Actually... Rachel IS pregnant! So we are all prego together!
And I DO mean to take pictures of the house when it's clean... hopefully I can do that soon. No promises though.. sorry!
Post a Comment