Wednesday, November 7, 2012

How do you do it?





and THESE swings (no link, I'm lazy)


Yes, I'm nursing TWINS! The top picture (where I'm completely covered up) is my view. It was only doable with the nursing pillow made for twins. They are beginning to outgrow it, but now I kinda know what I'm doing so I can still tandem nurse them. I pump every once in a while to give myself a break, too.

Lincoln & Parker like to wake up ridiculously early (which is exaggerated by daylight savings time.. try 4:30 this morning... ugggh). Lincoln comes into our room, grabs Jesse's iPad, and he and Parker sit down on the couch in the living room and watch Netflix shows. (Lincoln is better at using it than me! He's actually taught me a couple things...) That way Jesse and I have an hour or so to [try to] go back to sleep. This week has been especially rough since we moved the big boys downstairs into their new bedroom.

Swings are my crutch. Parker slept in one til he was almost 5 months old. I don't have the patience (multiplied by 10 with twins) to help them fall asleep without one. They help me enjoy holding my babies, so I hope they enjoy their swings a little bit longer.

I also have tons of help. Amazing visiting teachers, friends, family, and even hired help (once per week for a couple hours). Tonight we are even going on a date! Sweet! Can I say this... Jesse is an amazing husband. He has made having twins not feel so difficult. He never complains when I ask him to change a diaper, fetch the baby, hold the baby/babies while I get something done, to do the dishes, or take out the trash, etc. etc. etc. Jesse, you are AWESOME! And I love you so much. THANK YOU.

So how do I do it? One day at a time. Sometimes one hour at a time. 3 naps a week. Lots of prayers. And all of the above. I'm sure I'll look back on these days with wonder... wondering how on earth I did it with 4 kids, 3 and under!

1 comment:

jackie e said...

THanks for posting more pictures. I don't know how you're doing it, but if anyone can it's you. You are a good mom. Those boys are lucky to have you.

Powered By Blogger