Monday, May 22, 2017

January 1-31

We printed out 22 pages of coloring pages to build our own Christmas tree. When I was in the middle of taking it down and planning to throw it away, my kids were devastated! It's paper! I guess some of those pages they worked on for a long time. So we compromised... I took a picture. They were satisfied. :)

No school... visit to Vegas and "Gravady" with cousins!
 

 

Charity's favorite part
 

I can get half way across on the slack line! Here's Parker (using the rope assist)
 

So brave!
 

On the trapeze cloth thing together: twins!
 

My onion thief at it once again...
 

Snow in St. George!
 

Enough for a snowman. :)
 

 



My niece, Rose, gave us all a scare. She was involved in a freak accident and was life-flighted to Primary Children's in SLC. Lincoln, Parker, and I were able to drive up and visit her and Angela and Tom. Miracles... surgery and no complications. I believe in the power of prayer. Such a sweet little girl!
 

Finally feeling better!
 

Oliver being silly... again...

Griffin and his curls (before I gave him a haircut)
 

Charity wanted in on the silliness!
 

After 2 years as Secretary for the Young Women, I was asked to serve in the Relief Society, as 2nd Counselor. I was overwhelmed at first. I remember the (totally ridiculous) thoughts that started to flood my mind... "I can't even keep my bathrooms clean! How can I be an example of a 'proper' Mormon mom?" I quickly realized that callings are not issued to "perfect people": rather, they are given to help perFECT the saints.

I am over the Relief Society Quarterly Activities. Our goal is to do 6 per year, so slightly more often than quarterly. Our first activity was at the beginning of January, so we wanted it focused on setting goals and becoming our best selves: "Stop Wishing & Start Doing!" A dear sister, Patsy, spoke to us and did a fantastic job. We had a couple little videos to go along with her message. It turned out well!
 

Library time... Lincoln got his own library card and then checked out 16 Magic Tree House Books. (He read maybe half.)
 

Looks like a reception? Virginia is so good at decorating. This was our first funeral as a presidency.
 

Sweet, Claudia Owens
 

 

Tricycles... Charity is a natural.
 

Potty training time!

Movie night... can you tell 4/5 are all laying across my body?
 

Potty training success! Reward? Her very own makeup and makeup bag.
 

Griffin and Oliver wanted to try some on, too. 😂
 

 

 

My visiting teacher, Shannon, came over to tend for me. She taught my kids how to do the splits. They practice often!
 

At the new "All Abilities" park near Tonaquint. Ashley was in town and so we got some cousin time in!

The ladies in the RS Presidency with me are all so sweet. Brenda made us each a set of wooden decorative letters with the theme we chose for this year: Joy in the Journey. I love the pink! 😍
 

No comments:

Powered By Blogger