Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Birthday Weekend

So it was my birthday yesterday and my parents (Craig & Mary) came to visit for the weekend. It was pretty fun - we went to Zion Nat'l Park and hiked Emerald Pools. It was raining on and off all weekend - you can see snow in some of the mountains in the pictures of Zion. They also came to church with Jesse and me and helped me out in the nursery. After church we had a nice dinner at the Bird's house and then watched the Christmas message from the 1st Presidency. My mom also helped me finish decorating our Christmas tree.

My mom and I - Time to open presents!
Me and my mom in the backseat on the drive to Zion... Jesse decided to take us on a tour to Colorado City because he took an unnecessary turn... it made for a long drive, but wasn't too bad.
Zion is so beautiful! This is only the 2nd time I've been since living in St. George. You can see some snow in these mountains.
Here I tried getting a picture of the leaves - some leaves were bright pink.
Here's all 4 of us
Jesse, me, my mom, my dad
Because of all the rain, there were multiple waterfalls. This picture shows 2 of them. (One is in the distance to the right of the crooked tree.) Once we reached the middle emerald pool we decided to head back. All the rain had made so much water that we had to get logs and make ourselves a bridge to cross over the water!
Here is my mom with a bunch of pink-leafed trees. They were really pretty!
Here is yet another waterfall. This one was probably the tallest we saw - you can't see where it ends, but it is almost twice as long as you can tell.

2 comments:

Becca said...

way cute pictures.

Ashley said...

Mindy,
I am so sorry that I missed your birthday! I am a horrible friend! So Happy Birthday! By the way those pictures are gorgeous! WE have to come down there and see you guys! I would love to see all of those amazing hikes that you two go on all of the time! Those places just look beautiful I want to see them in real life!

Powered By Blogger