Saturday, August 30, 2008

Spinach Salad with Peaches & Pecans

I love finding recipes that are easy, simple, and delicious! Here's a couple I found on allrecipes.com. Since peaches are in season... it will taste even better.

(click on link to see recipe on allrecipes.com - by the way... I'm user mdawne2 and submitted the picture they have on the site for this recipe... :) )
INGREDIENTS:
  • 3/4 cup pecans
  • 2 ripe peaches
  • 4 cups baby spinach, rinsed and dried
  • 1/4 cup poppyseed salad dressing (recipe I used is below, or you can just buy one)
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Arrange pecans on a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes, until they just begin to darken. Remove from oven and set aside. (I didn't do this step because it is too hot in St. George to heat up my oven/house for just this...)
  2. Peel peaches (if desired) and slice into bite-sized segments. Combine peaches, spinach and pecans in a large bowl. Toss with dressing until evenly coated, adding a little additional dressing, if necessary. (I drizzled it on top instead.)

Poppyseed Dressing
(click on link to see recipe on allrecipes.com)

INGREDIENTS
  • 1/2 cup fat-free creamy salad dressing (ie: Fat Free Miracle Whip TM)
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/8 cup distilled white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
DIRECTIONS
  1. In a small bowl, whisk together salad dressing, milk, white sugar, vinegar, and poppy seeds. Chill until ready to use.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Owww Mindy! We are going to have that at our house this week!!! YUMMY!!! I'll be stopping by the Santa Clara fruit makert for the peaches!!! Thanks!!!

Kelli Nicole said...

that salad looks sooooooo amazing. holy cow. that's my kinda meal!

Cindy said...

Report back---made the salad and everyone LOVED it! Its going to become a house favorite. THanks for sharing!!

Powered By Blogger