Here are some pictures from today. I was able to hold them both at the same time today. :) It is (finally) starting to feel REAL that I have TWO newborns. But... probably not until they are both home with us.
[Changing the pictures to sepia - brownish black & white - made it so the pictures weren't so dark. Flash kinda scares/upsets them. And yes, it was my third arm taking the 3rd picture of all three of us.]
Griffin
Oliver
My first time holding both at once (today)
Griffin (Baby A):
- back under bili lights
- 1 more day of antibiotics (I think)
- on a 6 with his CPAP (down from 8)
- 1440 grams today (down from 1620 grams at birth) but not losing any more the last couple days
- almost off TPN and over to breast milk (he gets about 1/2 oz BM now)
Oliver (Baby B):
- off bili lights
- no more IV, no more TPN
- on a 6 with his CPAP (down from 9)
- 1420 grams today (down from 1595 grams at birth) - today was first day he gained weight
- fed by 100% breast milk (about 1/2 oz)
Middle names aren't final yet, but as you can see we gave our little boys names. I hope you like them. And if you don't - keep it to yourself. haha... :)
We brought Lincoln to see the babies for the first time today. It lasted maybe 30 minutes before we needed to leave. Since Parker isn't 2 yet, he can't see them until they are home. But he is not even close to understanding of what is going on, so it isn't a big deal. Lincoln seems to be having a hard time adjusting to me being back home. And Parker gets really frustrated when I won't pick him up (which won't be for another 3+ weeks). But they seem to be doing okay... hopefully they stop being so mad at me by the time the babies come home from the hospital (probably 3-8 weeks??).
My parents arrived here Monday evening. It is so nice to have help with the big boys (and everything else) while Jesse has been at work and I'm recovering from a c-section. My mom will stay here for 2 weeks, but my dad is going back tomorrow. He will come back to visit a couple more days when he comes to pick up my mom.

6 comments:
Wow, they are so teeney and precious. I love the names. And you are Super Mama! Don't know how you do it, but hang in there. So happy for you guys!
those are two of my favorite names. so glad things are progressing! can't wait to see you this weekend!
You are amazing Mindy! They are so sweet and tiny but bigger than I thought they would look but I am sure pictures don't do them justice either. They have been blessed to a wonderful home and a wonderful Mom! Thinkin' of ya and wish I was closer and could help you out!!! Love ya! P.S. LOVE the names!
Oh they are so tiny and adorable!!! What a sweet picture of you three together. Hope things are improving each day:) Love you, you are one amazing Mama!!!!
Oh! They are doing so good!! I can't wait to meet them. Can I bring you dinner this week?
I will never turn down dinner! I would love dinner this week! :)
Post a Comment