Our baby boys arrived Friday, August 3rd @ 29 weeks old (11 weeks early). Their names are undecided at this point (we're working on it...).
*Baby A:
3:10am
3 lbs, 9 oz
37 cm long (~14.6 in)
*Baby B:
3:12am
3 lbs, 8 oz
38 cm long (~15 in)
They arrived via cesarean section unable to breathe, but just a little work from the NICU team and they were stable.
Currently, they are
- on CPAP room air (continuous pressure via nasal cannula, room air)
- in incubators (to keep body temperature stable)
- on TPN via IV (basically liquid nutrition into their IVs), and breast milk via oral feeding tube (usually a nasogastric tube, but their noses are full of tubes already)
- on antibiotics as well
- (all other cords are just monitoring heart rhythms, breathing patterns, and oxygen saturation)
We got to hold them for the first time later that evening at 7pm. We will take it one day at a time, so we really don't know how long they will be in the NICU.
Mama is doing great. Already down to 1 Percocet & 800mg ibuprofen (last cesarean, I was still on morphine at this point, then I weaned to 2 Percocet & 800mg ibuprofen, then after being home more than a week, I was at 1 Percocet...)
Baby A

Baby B
(their skin is thin, so it looks really red)
Look at that blonde hair!
Holding Mama's hand
So teeny tiny!!!
(notice my four hospital bracelets...)
What happened?
Thursday morning (Aug 2nd) I woke up with pink-tinged water. During my shower I had contractions every 3-4 minutes (not so relaxing..). Magnesium sulfate (via IV) was started by 10:20am, which gave me a huge headache that lasted ALL day but slowed contractions down to every 10 minutes, then every 15, then every 20-25 minutes. This medication is used for 12 hours, so at about 10:30pm they turned it off. Oh ya... those contractions happening all day...... HURT. Badly.
By 1:30am contractions were coming every 3-5 minutes (and Lortab was not taking the edge off!). I was checked and since my cervix was at 5cm, an ultrasound to determine babies' positions was done. Baby A was still head down, but B was completely breach - meaning cesarean it was. In the next hour I was in the operating room being cut open.
And voila! We have 2 (more) beautiful, healthy baby boys! We are now a family of 6! That was quick!




6 comments:
Congrats guys! They are so cute! That pic of baby A totally looks like Lincoln, I think. Praying everything goes perfectly with your recovery Mindy and that these little guys just grow, grow, grow! Such lucky boys to be born into one amazing family. Can't wait to hear what cute names you come up with.
So precious! I can't believe how tiny they are and yet so perfect! Miracle of life! I'm so glad/relieved that you are all ok.
We are so excited for you. Can't wait for more updates and to see their progression. What a miracle! Let us know how we can help.
Love Dave and Brit
Mindy, wish I was there to see the little ones. I think A looks like Lincoln.
Thanks for blogging...I've been wondering how things were.
We love you guys!
Thinking of you during this time. Congrats on 2 more boys!
Love you so much! Congratulations! Our prayers are with you. Can't wait to hear their names:)
Post a Comment