Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lincoln's 1st Day of Science Camp / Parker Swimming with Mommy

(June 10, 2013)

Lincoln starts preschool this fall, and we thought letting him go through a trial run at summer science camp would be a good idea. I wasn't sure if he'd cry and throw a tantrum, or if he would run in without looking back!

It was really cute - I talked about starting his science camp a few days leading up to it, and the night before he acted so nervous! I think he even had a hard time falling asleep... It reminded me of all the times I got nervous before the first day of school and had a hard time falling asleep, too!

He was so nervous he wouldn't even look at me for his picture...

After seeing his classroom, he was so excited and forgot how nervous he was about school! Ran in without looking back!!

I was pretty sure Parker would be sad about Lincoln getting to go somewhere he couldn't. So I wanted to make it a special/fun time. Lincoln's science camp is at my gym with the same teacher he will have this fall. Since we also pay for daycare for a couple hours there, we just stayed at the gym. After dropping off Lincoln, Parker and I dropped off the babies and went straight for the pool. He was happy and we had a good time together!



When we picked up Lincoln, Parker was not very happy. He acted very jealous. I kept reminding him, "Lincoln didn't get to go swimming, only Parker got to swim with Mommy!" That helped. I need to plan some awesome Mommy-and-me time for the future when Parker's playmate goes to school!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger