I hosted this month, which I decided to have at my house (we usually meet at a restaurant). My book of choice, Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson, had a lot of fancy food and clothing, so I served Hors d'voeuvres and wore my fancy flows dress. It was a lot of (fun) work, and turned out really well! Here is what I served:
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates by Martha Stewart (Here)
- Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple by Nom Nom Paleo (Here)
- Mango Shrimp in Endive Leaves by RealSimple (Here)
- Queso Verde by Our Best Bites (white cheese dip - Here)
- Restaurant-Style Salsa by Pioneer Woman (Here)
- Strawberry, Lime, Cucumber & Mint Infused Water by Back to Her Roots (Here)
- Harvest Apple Salad by McCormick Gourmet (Here)
- Rustic No-Knead Artisan Bread by Anna's Table (I used 1/2 whole wheat flour, 1/2 white flour found Here)
Yum! Also, for dessert we had chocolate bowls with berries and whipped cream. (http://www.justataste.com/video-chocolate-balloon-bowls/ - surprisingly really simple & easy to make... Not so easy to eat, however... But delicious nonetheless.)

No comments:
Post a Comment