Friday, April 26, 2013

Amelia's Funeral

(Mar. 23, 2013)

I didn't take any pictures at the funeral. It was not something I thought of to do. Some people took pictures, so thanks to those people, here you are. (I scanned in the program.)

Funeral Program: Back (left) & Front (right)
Funeral Program Inside

All the cousins got a balloon to "send to Amelia in Heaven" at the internment in Pinto, Utah.


It was a really beautiful service. Very peaceful. Some that saw us there might not think we felt that peace since our children were acting like wild monkeys, but we did; it was wonderful to hear everyone speak and feel the spirit so strongly.

Both Ashley and Kurt spoke, something I don't know if I would be put together enough to be able to do. Two things that stuck out to me, were things Kurt said (not word for word). "I feel like I've learned more about the Atonement in the last week and a half than in my whole 30 years of existence on this earth" and "You can't choose what happens to you, what other people say to you, etc., but you can decide your attitude."

Thank you to everyone for your help, your prayers, your friendship. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and the Atonement, and the peace it has brought to us.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger