Monday, April 29, 2013

Finally... Potty Training Time

(Mar. 25, 2013)

I decided it was time to potty train Lincoln. I was tired of changing 4 diapers every day. Think about it... 3 a day for both Lincoln and Parker, plus 4 a day for Griffin and Oliver. That is 14 diapers. Every day. Unless there are multiple dirty diapers... then that number increases upwards toward 20.

I got them both bare from the waist down and we just hung out in the backyard. I had a bowl full of dum dum suckers. I borrowed a little potty from Audrey. We were ready. All morning, they both had tons of accidents. No big deal. No mess to clean up. It was on the grass or rocks and just pee. Easy. Around lunch time, Lincoln said he wanted a picnic on the blanket. So I ran inside to make a couple sandwiches. When I came back out, Lincoln was so excited! "Mommy, Mommy, can I have the big firetruck now? I went poop in the potty!" Sure enough, there it was. So the firetruck I bought last year (literally a year ago) and that sat on top of our kitchen cabinets (to help motivate Lincoln to want to use the potty) was finally taken down and opened and played with! I was so excited!



I thought since I was trying with Lincoln, I might as well try with Parker. Parker was asking for a diaper after not too long and also fighting me, so I decided it's not worth it. If he was my only concern, he probably would be trained by now. I'll try again in a few months or so if he seems ready. It is ridiculous to try to push it if the kid isn't ready!

Parker (left) & Lincoln (right)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wohoo!! Yeah Lincoln! :)

Emily Jones said...

Ha ha, save that last picture as bribery when they get into high school. Love it!

Powered By Blogger