After the gym one day (where they let me drop off all 4 children and I have up to 1.5 hours kid-free!) we were planning on just going home like usual, but I had a thought to go visit Ashley. She works from home, so I figured it would just be a quick visit, especially since Ashley was 9 months pregnant (she had Cora 3 days later - Parker's birthday!).
It had been raining the few days before, so Ashley's unfinished backyard was very muddy. Ashley made us all waffles for lunch and before long all the kids were outside. I was about to stop them from getting muddy, but I thought, "What's the point of being a kid if you can't even get muddy?" So all 4 (Lincoln, Parker, Amelia, & Jet) of the kids got busy hauling mud into a big puddle, mud up to their knees and higher.
Ashley had done this before, so she got a tote from the garage and filled it up outside with warm water (an outside faucet with hot water? brilliant!). We stripped them down to their diapers and let them take a "mud bath" as Lincoln calls it. (Jet wanted nothing to do with it so that's why he's not in the pictures.)
![]() |
| Parker and Amelia |
![]() |
| Parker, Amelia & Lincoln |
![]() |
| I could not get them to look at me all at once! |
Since Lincoln was taking a "bath," he needed bath toys. Ashley or I got a couple toys and added them to the fun. As soon as we walked away, Amelia had thrown them out of the tote. She thought that her two cousins and a tote full of warm water was more than enough fun! Lincoln was dramatic and wanted the toys back in... then Parker wanted out...
What was supposed to be a quick visit turned into a couple hours and lunch! I helped clean up and then we promptly left. I am so grateful I listened to that thought of visiting Ashley that day. We had a good visit with her and her kids.






No comments:
Post a Comment