Sunday, April 14, 2013

Drive to Pine Valley for the SNOW!

(Feb. 21, 2013)

I had promised Lincoln that I would take him to see the snow next time it snowed... back in December! So when it snowed on February 20th up in Pine Valley, we packed up and played in the snow for a couple hours. Pine Valley is about an hour away, and so we brought lunch with us. It wasn't nice packing snow since it was from the day before, but Lincoln had a great time playing in it. He came in the van once to warm up because he got snow on his bare hands. Parker loved it until his hands got too cold. After that, he spent the rest of the time in the van with the babies (also where I was most of the time!). I got them warm coats earlier in the season, but not very good gloves (um... we don't need them here!). So they did have gloves, but they weren't used to wearing them. After Lincoln got the hang of wearing them, he wanted to stay and play all day.

Parker in the snow

Lincoln scooping the snow


Lincoln taking a break for a smile for the camera

Lunch time for the babies (Oliver, left & Griffin, right)

Parker & Mommy hanging out in the backseat

Griffin

Oliver

Oliver (left) & Griffin (right)

Next time we need to go with freshly fallen snow, when there is a lot of it, and bring our sleds! Lincoln was pretty disappointed I forgot the sleds... but all the hilly roads in Pine Valley were bare anyway.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger