Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A "Stroll" to the Park

(July 16, 2013)

One day I decided that while Lincoln was at Science Camp, I would take Parker some place fun. The van needed to be cleaned, so while it was getting washed and vacuumed, we walked down the walking path toward a little park on the other side of the freeway. I was thinking it was maybe a few blocks away, but after about a mile down the path (in the St. George summer heat) with Parker complaining to me he wanted to be carried... I realized it was farther than I thought. I gritted my teeth, picked up Parker on my shoulders, and pushed the twins in their stroller. It was probably pretty funny to see, but NOT funny at the time.

We reached the freeway, went through the tunnel and under the bridge. That was a beautiful sight. Clear, shallow water flowing in the river. Perfect to wade in with Parker. I stripped him down to just his diaper, and we enjoyed some time in the river. I had also brought some watermelon, so we had a mini picnic, too.

This was the deepest it got. And that's even after his feet sunk down an inch or two in the silt.
Parker found a little golf ball

We never made it to the park... it was at least another 1/2 mile down the trail. And in 95+ degree weather, there was no way I was adding that much distance to my "stroll"!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger