Last Mother's Day weekend (a year ago: notice the date), Jesse had to be in SLC for a meeting on a Friday, so we made a trip out of it - one last trip before the babies were born. I'm not quite 4 months pregnant with the twins. We left Lincoln & Parker with Jesse's mom, Janet. How nice was that?! Babysitting over Mother's Day??! She's amazing. We went to the new City Creek Center (mall) Saturday. Sunday we toured the Conference Center & visited Temple Square. Crazy it's been a year!
![]() |
| Temple Square on Sunday |
_________________
(May 19, 2012)
Last year (2012), Jesse & I were called to be leaders of our ward Youth Conference. It turned out really well, with tons of help from our amazing committee, of course! Youth Conference was in June, when I was 5 months pregnant. Here was our itinerary:
· Thursday (June 14th)
o 3:30 – 4 PM: Arrive & Settle In
o 5:00 PM: Dinner
o 6:00 PM: Finish Settling In / Games
o 7:00 PM: Fireside (Michael Bedard)
o 8:30 PM: Movies
o 9:00 PM – 10:30 PM: Games / Pool
· Friday (June 15th)
o 5:00 AM: Wake
o 5:30 AM: Leave for Hike
o 6:00 AM: Start Hike
o 6:00 AM – 8:00 AM: Hike & Program
o 8:30 AM: Breakfast at Vernon Park
o 9:30 – 11:15 AM: Cemetery Scavenger Hunt & Service Project; Back to Santa Clara
o 12:00 PM: Lunch; Rest & Relax
o 2:00 – 4:00 PM: Afternoon Workshops
o 4:00 – 5:00 PM: Games / Relax
o 5:30 PM: Dinner
o 7:00 PM: Fireside (Missionaries); Bishop Salmon; Testimony Meeting
o 9:00 PM – 10:30 PM: Games / Pool
· Saturday (June 16th)
o 9:00 AM: Breakfast
o 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Clean up and Shuttle kids home
We actually held it at Jesse's parents home in Santa Clara. I was in charge of leading the hike (yes, they knew I was pregnant with twins). First, I made sure I remembered the hike by leading a few ladies from my ward.
![]() |
| (L-R) Sunnie, Jandee, Sandy, & me |
(May 29, 2012)
![]() |
| Lincoln (nervously) holding a lizard |
(Nov. 5, 2012)
Mom's always take pictures of their husbands sleeping with the baby, right? They are 3 months old here (finally newborn-sized).
![]() |
| Oliver on left, Griffin on right |
(Dec. 11, 2012)
Our ward has a tradition of having a Christmas Party in the culdesac over on Kennedy Place. Chili & cornbread. It's cold, so the scouts are in charge of the fires. Lincoln (pyro) was fascinated with the fires and kept adding wood to the cans. Stinker.
![]() |
| Parker (left), Daddy (middle), & Lincoln (right) |
![]() |
| Mommy with Griffin (L) & Oliver (R) |
(Mar. 24, 2013)
The day after Amelia's funeral (Sunday) we all decided to show up at Ashley & Kurt's ward. Since everyone from Jesse's family that doesn't live in St. George was returning to their homes, we had a quick lunch at Kurt & Ashley's home. We brought everything and mostly cleaned up (I hope!). While I was helping get lunch ready, Jesse held the babies. I still think it's funny to see someone holding two babies. That is a lot of babies!
![]() |
| Oliver (L) & Griffin (R) |









No comments:
Post a Comment