(Apr. 25, 2013)
I love taking one of the big boys (yes, we call our children the big boys and the babies) out with just me on a little "day out". I let them pick what they want to do (with some strong suggestions... ahem) and incorporate it into some errands. Last day out was with Lincoln (clothes shopping + picking out a toy at Old Navy - he picked out little rubber ducks) so this time I took Parker with me.
First we went to Smashburger for a milkshake (ummmm... my favorite....).
![]() |
| Waiting for our shake... |
![]() |
| Cute haircut, Park Stone! |
![]() |
| Hiding... |
![]() | |
| Parker was done with the camera and dug into his shake! |
Afterwards we went to TJ Maxx to get some hair products (if you like expensive hair products, try finding them there first... cheap-o compared to Target) and pick out one toy. Never buy a RC car from there. Piece of junk. I couldn't talk him out of it, though.
I love individual time with each of my boys. It helps me focus all my energy on them and helps me get to know them better and feel like they are the center of the universe for a night. I usually try to get Griffin and Oliver on the same schedule so life is more predictable (who am I kidding... so I get a break!), but sometimes their naps are off and I am holding one baby ALL DAY. But then I get to spend individual time with that baby, which is also nice. My house quickly falls apart and becomes a complete disaster... but who cares? When I spend quality time with my kids, and we all have a fun day together, who cares if all the clothes and towels in the whole house are [clean, but] heaped into a big pile in my bedroom?





1 comment:
I could not agree with you more. I doubt I will look back at the days, when my kids were little, and think about how the floors were dirty or the pile of random junk that found it's place in the living room. I'm glad you get those precious and quiet times with each of your boys. It does make being a mom sweet.
Post a Comment