Monday, May 27, 2013

Mellow

(May 7, 2013)

Earlier in the day, we decided to visit Mimi. She offered to watch the boys since she was going to be home anyway. Thank you!!! All morning and even at Mimi's house they were all little angels. They were ALL so mellow. When I picked them up, they were happy to get in the van. When we got home, all but Griffin had fallen asleep.

Griffin

I transferred Parker to the couch.

Oliver

Lincoln
Fast forward 30 minutes later.............

I don't want to relive that hour + so I'm not going to tell you about it.

Well, here it is anyway... All 4 children sobbing/crying/screaming. Nothing I did helped any of them. I said a prayer and was able to stay calm. I realized I could only help one at a time, which I tried, didn't work, so I thought I would just wait until Jesse got home so he could help. I played with the babies. I held Parker. (I didn't try TV... I totally should have!) Jesse walked in and I said a silent prayer of thanks. Such a sweet, helpful husband he is. He is my super hero. Thank you, Jesse. I love you. We eventually got them all calmed down, but it really wasn't until their bedtime we were able to finally sigh a breath of relief.

I am VERY thankful this only happens once in a while.

1 comment:

Rachel & Darrin said...

I'm sorry for the rough day. I can't imagine it with four, seeing as one boy in a terrible mood makes me crazy :) Jesse really is a great dad. Mom has said that several times to me and I agree. Thank goodness for daddies! Love you!

Powered By Blogger