It’s easy to be a happy, calm mother when my children are behaving perfectly. It’s much harder when they’re falling apart in the grocery store, whining while I try to clean the bathroom, or sobbing irrationally while I try to take a phone call.
And these are a few quotes out of Deseret Book's mailer for Mother's Day, "mom's best advice to moms":
There will be times that you want to throw [your children] out the window. It is normal to have those feelings. What you do when you feel that way is the most important. -Liz
Someday you'll miss all those tiny fingerprints on your windows. -Rebecca
The key is to not beat yourself up about what you didn't do today. Just try to make tomorrow better. And practice forgiving so others will forgive you too. -Rachel
I know Mother's Day isn't for a little while... but I love you, Mom. I'm sorry for all the times you felt like you wanted to throw me out the window. You are always thinking of others, always wanting the best for your family, always remembering important, meaningful dates, working so hard and getting so much done, and selflessly raising 4 children. You are amazing, Mom, and I hope I can become as great a mother as you.

No comments:
Post a Comment