(Jan. 24, 2014)
Lincoln's preschool class had a field trip and the rest of us tagged along. I had no idea about this place - it was actually pretty cool. I wouldn't recommend it if you are anti-hunting or an animal rights activist, though... There are a TON of taxidermy/stuffed animals there. Some of which are in pretty cool poses, like this one:
 |
| Parker posing by the zebra & lion |
The picture above shows a lion capturing a zebra to... you know, eat. Lincoln's viewpoint: "The lion and zebra are playing together!" Ha ha ha... not quite!
 |
| Lincoln in front of the giraffe |
 |
| Griffin (L) & Oliver (R) were pretty entertained since there was a lot to look at. |
They also have a bug room... Lincoln and Parker loved it. Not only did they have beetles:
 |
| Lincoln looking at endless beetles... |
But they had a bunch of flying insects, and tons of beautiful butterflies.
The museum is set up in climate zones and geographic regions - so there were also bears, elk, polar bears, penguins, owls, alligators, seriously SO many animals. They had tons of the little animals, too. Each animal had a little marker with its name. I did not realize how many versions of a small deer-like animal there were!
The kids loved it so much I think we will make a trip every year here.
No comments:
Post a Comment